OQRLS: An Answer to a Need
The Observatoire québécois des réseaux locaux de services (OQRLS) initiated its work in 2008. The objective of the OQRLS (Quebec observatory of local services networks) is to promote collaborative initiatives and to lead discussions concerning those initiatives.
During the second Rendez-vous des réseaux locaux de services symposium in 2006, managers identified the need to support, assist and inspire institutions in implementing local services networks.
Six health care and social services centres (CSSS) support Quebec's 95 local services networks (RLS)
The six health care and social services centres (CSSS) which are designated university affiliated centres (CAU) have set up the OQRLS observatory. As part of their university mission, they must support every CSSS in Quebec in matters relating to clinical innovation and service organization. The six CSSSs responsible for the OQRLS are:
- Centre de santé et de services sociaux de Bordeaux-Cartierville — Saint-Laurent (Montréal);
- Centre de santé et de services sociaux Cavendish (Montréal);
- Centre de santé et de services sociaux – Institut universitaire de gériatrie de Sherbrooke (CSSS-IUGS);
- Centre de santé et de services sociaux SSS Jeanne-Mance (Montréal);
- Centre de santé et de services sociaux de la Montagne (Montréal);
- Centre de santé et de services sociaux de la Vieille-Capitale (Québec).
The Health and Social Services Centre-University Institute of Geriatrics of Sherbrooke (CSSS-IUGS) assumes the development leadership, coordination, and administration of the OQRLS. CSSS Bordeaux-Cartierville-Saint-Laurent shares this responsibility jointly. The Ministère de la Santé et des Services sociaux (MSSS) grants funds to the OQRLS.
Front-line initiatives at your door
The OQRLS collects, classifies, analyzes and disseminates information on promising collaborative initiatives within Quebec's local services networks. Experiences which have been described to date:
- originate from a number of regions: Abitibi-Témiscamingue, Chaudière-Appalaches, Côte-Nord, Lanuadière, Laurentides, Mauricie et Centre-du-Québec, and Montérégie.
- concern people of all ages;
- cover a variety of health and social issues;
- record preventive activities, cross-sectoral initiatives, as well as health care and social services;
- involve health care and social services institutions within the network (CSSS, CH, CJ, CR, etc.), local organizations and cross-sectoral partners.
To consult initiatives documented by the OQRLS, click here!
To keep up to date with OQRLS initiatives
If you wish to keep up to date with OQRLS initiatives, you can subscribe to our Bulletin by sending an e-mail to us at email@example.com or by dialling 819 780-2220, extension 45700.